Position Title: Minister of Music
Organization Name/address: Oak Cliff Presbyterian Church, 6000 So HAMPTON, DALLAS 75232
Job Type: Part-time # of hours/week: 25
OCPC is a cross-cultural congregation, mixed by ages and types of people, enjoying both traditional church music as well as contemporary music. We are seeking the person who God is calling to become our Minister of Music. We seek a passionate and enthusiastic Christian keyboard player (preferably trained on the organ), who can also direct choirs. We are contemplating the launching of a new school built around music and the arts in 2018 and are prayerful that God will send someone who could see this call expanding to take on the principal role in leading the music program in the School. The Minister of Music position is part time (25 hrs/week) and available immediately. Pay is competitive. Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Organist/Accompanist
Organization Name: Buckingham United Methodist Church, Garland, TX
Job Type: Part-time # of hours/week: not listed
Organization Website: Buckingham UMC Garland, TX
- Annual Pay (Competitive salary as negotiated)
- Education/Experience Required: Minimum – Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Music Education, or BA in Music
- Coordinate with the Director of Music and the staff in planning, preparing, and playing music appropriate to each service of worship. Sunday services are at 8:30am and 11:00am.
- Select, prepare, and play voluntaries, etc. appropriate for the season or day on organ or piano.
- Play for additional worship services such as Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
- Accompany the annual Christmas cantata, which includes chamber orchestra.
- Accompany the chancel choir and attend weekly rehearsals.
- The organist will be offered first right of refusal to play weddings, memorial services, and funerals.
- Advise Director of Music regarding organ and piano maintenance.
- Acquire substitutes when absent.
- Vacation per calendar year: as negotiated
- Instruments in sanctuary – 11-rank Bedient tracker and 1950’s Kawai grand piano
Applicants may send a letter of introduction and résumé to
United Disciples Christian Church (Richardson, TX) is seeking an organist for 1 worship service each week. The church has a well-maintained Ross King instrument (II/18) and a Young Chang grand piano. The organist would be responsible for accompanying congregational singing, playing seasonally appropriate liturgical music as needed in worship, and accompanying the choir. Weddings and funerals are available and are paid separately.
For more information, contact Dr. Lewis Worthington (Director of Music), at LewisWorthington@gmail.com.