Position Title: Minister of Music
Organization Name/address: Oak Cliff Presbyterian Church, 6000 So HAMPTON, DALLAS 75232
Job Type: Part-time # of hours/week: 25
OCPC is a cross-cultural congregation, mixed by ages and types of people, enjoying both traditional church music as well as contemporary music. We are seeking the person who God is calling to become our Minister of Music. We seek a passionate and enthusiastic Christian keyboard player (preferably trained on the organ), who can also direct choirs. We are contemplating the launching of a new school built around music and the arts in 2018 and are prayerful that God will send someone who could see this call expanding to take on the principal role in leading the music program in the School. The Minister of Music position is part time (25 hrs/week) and available immediately. Pay is competitive. Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Organist/Accompanist
Organization Name: Buckingham United Methodist Church, Garland, TX
Job Type: Part-time # of hours/week: not listed
Organization Website: Buckingham UMC Garland, TX
- Annual Pay (Competitive salary as negotiated)
- Education/Experience Required: Minimum – Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Music Education, or BA in Music
- Coordinate with the Director of Music and the staff in planning, preparing, and playing music appropriate to each service of worship. Sunday services are at 8:30am and 11:00am.
- Select, prepare, and play voluntaries, etc. appropriate for the season or day on organ or piano.
- Play for additional worship services such as Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.
- Accompany the annual Christmas cantata, which includes chamber orchestra.
- Accompany the chancel choir and attend weekly rehearsals.
- The organist will be offered first right of refusal to play weddings, memorial services, and funerals.
- Advise Director of Music regarding organ and piano maintenance.
- Acquire substitutes when absent.
- Vacation per calendar year: as negotiated
- Instruments in sanctuary – 11-rank Bedient tracker and 1950’s Kawai grand piano
Applicants may send a letter of introduction and résumé to
Position Title: Director of Music Ministries
Organization Name: St. Monica Parish
Job Type: Full-time # of hours/week: not listed
Organization Website: http://stmonicachurch.org/
St. Monica Parish of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas invites applicants for the position of full-time Director of Music Ministries (DMM). Founded in 1954, St. Monica is a large, urban parish of more than 5,000 families. Mass attendance averages 3500 people spread over seven weekend Masses. St. Monica School (K-8) has enrollment of 850 students.
St. Monica Church underwent a major renovation in 2012, which included significant acoustical improvements under the leadership of Scott Riedel and Associates. A new organ was installed in 2014 by Nichols and Simpson of Little Rock, Arkansas. This large electric-action instrument (IV/71) was featured on the cover of the March 2016 issue of The American Organist. St. Monica was proud to host a recital and workshop as part of the 2017 Southwest Regional Convention of the American Guild of Organists. St. Monica Fine Arts was also the lead sponsor of the Convention.
St. Monica’s large music program plays a key role in the life of the parish. The DMM provides broad leadership and vision for the music ministries. Key roles of the DMM include:
Coordinate music for all liturgies: Currently the DMM is directly responsible for the music of the Saturday 5:00 Mass and Mass on Sunday at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 AM. The DMM provides general oversight for all other liturgies of the parish that include music. The DMM is also responsible for coordinating the music for weddings and funerals, in consultation with the Organist. The parish averages six funerals and ten weddings per month. The DMM also leads music for special Masses, including all Holy Days of Obligation.
Serve as Director of the St. Monica Choir: The St. Monica Choir is an adult ensemble of around 60 members that includes both volunteers and eight paid section leaders. The choir leads the Sunday Masses at 9:30 and 11:00 AM. The choir sings traditional Catholic liturgical music as well as major works each year. During the 2016/2017 season the choir presented concerts of Handel’s Messiah and Dubois’ Seven Last Words of Christ, both with full orchestra. The choir presents several regular concerts each season, including a Christmas Concert and an Independence Day Concert.
Assist with choral programs for children and youth: Currently the program consists of two parish children’s choirs, two school children’s choirs, and a youth ensemble. These choirs are directed by the Director of Youth Music, with the assistance and accompaniment of the DMM.
Direct handbell choirs: Currently the program consists of an Adult Handbell Choir (16 members) and a Youth Handbell Choir (10 members). St. Monica owns a five-octave set of Schulmerich handbells, a separate 3-octave set of Schulmeric handbells, and four-octaves of tone chimes.
Lead St. Monica Fine Arts Committee: The St. Monica Fine Arts Committee serves to promote liturgical music and arts within the St. Monica community. The committee has raised an average of $75,000 annually over the last nine years through its annual campaign. The committee funds concerts and provides supplemental support to the music ministry programs.
Oversee music staff: The Director will oversee the music staff, which currently includes a Director of Youth Ministries (full-time), Organist (part-time 20 hours), eight choral section leaders, and a team of staff cantors.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a Masters’ Degree in Sacred Music, or its equivalent and a minimum of five years of experience in the field of liturgical music. The successful candidate also be a skilled organist and orchestral/choral conductor.
Supervision: The Director of Music Ministries reports to the Pastor.
Compensation: St. Monica offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health insurance (paid fully by the church) and 403b plans.
Applications: Please submit a cover letter and CV, along with three professional references, to Debbie Diaz, Parish Business administrator, at email@example.com.
Position Title: Director of Music
Organization Name: Crown of Life Lutheran Church, Colleyville
Job Type: Full-time # of hours/week: not listed
Organization Website: http://www.crownoflife.church/index.cfm
Director of Music − Crown of Life Church
Position The Director of Music position has overall responsibility for the management, direction and growth of all music activities of Crown of Life Church and School. This is a full time position with duties as outlined below and with direct supervisory responsibility and authority over all music groups that comprise the music ministry of Crown of Life Church. Delegation of some of these duties and responsibilities will be done as deemed necessary to improve and expand the music ministry. This position reports to the Associate Pastor.
- Responsible for continued development and growth of music ministry.
- Support all choral and instrumental groups and plan for their integration into and participation in worship services. This includes music and program oversight responsibility for Crown of Life School participation in worship services.
- Plan and coordinate worship music selection with the pastors.
- Obtain copyright permission for all music used within the congregation and keep all appropriate records.
- Responsible for communications and the recruitment of individuals to increase participation within the music ministry.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule the participation of the organists, pianists, conductors, choirs, soloists, instrumentalists and others involved within the music ministry.
- Set goals for the development and growth of the Music Ministry.
- Provide budgetary input annually so that funding for music requirements can be appropriately planned for the following budget year.
- Responsible for the audio/visual support for worship. This includes coordinating the AV team and creating their monthly schedule as well as supervise the sound tech.
- Responsible for the projection and media for the slides on Sunday, and the bulletins (design the covers, format the text, print them weekly).
The Director of Music shall have primary oversight responsibility for all music groups. Direct control of group practices shall be the responsibility of the Director of Music or delegated to individual group directors. It is the responsibility of the Director of Music to ensure that each group has a director and accompanist as required. Director shall coordinate all practice schedules and facilities between all groups under the direction of the Music Ministry.
Music Selection and General Requirements
It is important that the music presented by all groups of of Crown of Life be for the glory of God and presented with a desire to enhance the worship experience of all who attend of participate. To this end the following apply:
- Music selections for the services and for performances will be coordinated with the Pastors. Music selections will be made in advance and coordinated with the sermon topic to improve the overall worship experience. Music selection and planning will be performed on a schedule as determined by the senior pastor.
- All music groups should participate in worship services as often as possible to enhance the worship experience consistent with sermon content, and the general style of service to be used as determined by the Pastor and Board of Elders in concert with the Director of Music.
United Disciples Christian Church (Richardson, TX) is seeking an organist for 1 worship service each week. The church has a well-maintained Ross King instrument (II/18) and a Young Chang grand piano. The organist would be responsible for accompanying congregational singing, playing seasonally appropriate liturgical music as needed in worship, and accompanying the choir. Weddings and funerals are available and are paid separately.
For more information, contact Dr. Lewis Worthington (Director of Music), at LewisWorthington@gmail.com.